To say our Whisky Ladies of Mumbai is a remarkable group, is a bit of an understatement. From 20s to 60s, these ladies have two things in common – a passion to explore the world of whisky and a predilection to pursue unconventional paths.
At our one year anniversary, it seemed only appropriate to carve out a special “Whisky Ladies Corner” to celebrate some of our more interesting moments together.
Some ladies have come out from their anonymous shadows to share guest posts:
- Lina Sonne on Connemara NAS 40%
- Nikoulina Berg on Akashi Blended Whisky 40%
- Paula McGlynn on her visit to Paul John’s distillery in Goa, Bushmills 16 year 40% & Paul John Single Cask #1844 60.5%
- Pooja Vir onKornog Taouarc’h Pempved 14 BC 46%
- Shruti Sutawala on Bushmills 21 year 40% & Kavalan Solist Sherry Cask S090102020 57.1%
- Susan Dias on Bushmills Steamship 40% & Mackmyra Vinterdröm 46.1%
We also enjoyed some courtesy evenings:
- Of all the gin joints..? Native Brews early gin experiments with Susan Dias
- When International Scotch Day is not about the whisky…
- Bombay Malt & Cigar’s Irish Evening
- Whisky Ladies visit Scotland’s Inver House whiskies with Karen Walker
- Whisky Ladies go Goan! Paul John Brilliance, Edited, Bold, Classic & Peated
- Whisky Ladies go American! with Shatbhi Basu of DISCUS
Plus some terrific nights with whiskies we’ve sourced from around the world:
- A Night with Glen
- Bruichladdich Peat Progression
- Bowmore Travel Trilogy
- Risky Whisky?
- Not your ordinary North American whiskey
- “Ladies Choice” for the BMC
- Glencairn vs Norlan
- American adventure!
- Variety show
- Scottish regions
- European tour
- “I like the label!”
- Explore the Far East
- Go sweetly smoky
- Pair whisky + chocolate
- World tour
- Cask strength Diwali
- Inaugural evening...
I’ve also shared a few whisky women centric posts with:
- Whisky Ladies of Mumbai turn “One”
- Feminist twist to whisky?
- Whisky Ladies of Mumbai
- Whisky Clubs Revealed – Secret Recipe for Whisky Ladies Success
- Plus the Mumbai Mirror’s article “Whisky Business“.
As we add more highlights (perhaps even lowlights too), this page will be updated. However for a complete listing including links to whisky reviews, see:
We also are delighted to reach out to a wider world of fellow women whisky appreciators!
If you want to get in touch, just email us at info [at] everydayasia [dot] com.