To say our Whisky Ladies of Mumbai is a remarkable group, is a bit of an understatement. From 20s to 60s, these ladies have two things in common – a passion to explore the world of whisky and a predilection to pursue unconventional paths.
Our first session was in August 2015, and since then we have met monthly, with this “Whisky Ladies Corner” a space and place to share our various tasting adventures.
Some ladies have come out from their anonymous shadows to share guest posts:
- Lina Sonne on Connemara NAS 40%
- Nikoulina Berg on Akashi Blended Whisky 40%
- Paula McGlynn on her visit to Paul John’s distillery in Goa, Bushmills 16 year 40% & Paul John Single Cask #1844 60.5%
- Pooja Vir on Kornog Taouarc’h Pempved 14 BC 46%
- Shruti Sutawala on Bushmills 21 year 40% & Kavalan Solist Sherry Cask S090102020 57.1%
- Susan Dias on Bushmills Steamship 40% & Mackmyra Vinterdröm 46.1%
We have enjoyed evenings courtesy of various benefactors:
- Irish Celebration – Jameson Caskmate Stout Edition 40%, Green Spot 40%, Yellow Spot 12 year 46%, Redbreast 12 year 40%
- Bombay Malt & Cigar’s Independent Blends
- Of all the gin joints..? Native Brews early gin experiments with Susan Dias
- When International Scotch Day is not about the whisky…
- Bombay Malt & Cigar’s Irish Evening
- Whisky Ladies visit Scotland’s Inver House whiskies with Karen Walker
- Whisky Ladies go Goan! Paul John Brilliance, Edited, Bold, Classic & Peated
- Whisky Ladies go American! with Shatbhi Basu of DISCUS
Plus some terrific nights with whiskies we’ve sourced from around the world…
Whisky Ladies of Mumbai’s 4th year
- North Star 5 Regions with BMC
- Smokey Islay – Bunnahabhain Chuach-Mhona, Lagavulin Distiller’s Edition, Kilchoman Machir Bay & Loch Gorm
- Highland “Bar Bottles” & Blend – Glenmorangie Dornoch, Old Pulteney Dunnet Head, Great King Street Glasgow Blend, Ardmore Triple Wood Peated
- Contributor’s Choice – Ballentine’s 17 year Glentauchers, Glentauchers 20 year (That Boutique-y Whisky Company), Balvenie Caribbean Cask Talisker 18 year
- Going Grainy – Haig Club, Suntory Chita Nikka Coffey Grain, Cambus 24 year
Whisky Ladies of Mumbai’s 3rd year
- 3rd Anniversary Irish Celebration
- Sukhinder Singh’s Cask Strength Selection – Glen Moray 8 year, Arran 14 year, Ledaig 12 year
- Highland Hijinks – Old Pulteney, Glenmorangie, Aberfeldy
- Northern Lights – Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye, Flóki Young Malt, Mackmyra Mack
- Islay iterations – Lagavulin, Finlaggan, Ileach, Laphroaig
- “Trans Tasman Tour” – Willowbank 10 year Doublewood, Willowbank 22 year (1989), Hellyer’s Road Pinot Noire, Sullivan’s Cove Double Cask (2008/2015), Crazy Uncle Moonshine
- Contributor’s Choice – Mars Iwai, Glenrothes, Glenmorangie 19, Bunnahabhain Ceobanach
- Après-ski – France, Sweden, Switzerland + Austria
- Gordon & MacPhail Trio – Aultmore, Glendullan, Longmorn
- Diwali Drams – Hakushu, K5, Misty Peak, Nikka From the Barrel vs Super Nikka
- Worthy whiskies – Mortlach, Arran Amarone, Lochside, Aultmore
- 2nd Anniversary Drams
- Compass Box Quintet
- A Night with Glen
- Bruichladdich Peat Progression
- Bowmore Travel Trilogy
- Risky Whisky?
- Not your ordinary North American whiskey
- “Ladies Choice” for the BMC
- Glencairn vs Norlan
- American adventure!
- Variety show
- Whisky Ladies of Mumbai turn “One”
- Scottish regions
- European tour
- “I like the label!”
- Explore the Far East
- Go sweetly smoky
- Pair whisky + chocolate
- World tour
- Cask strength Diwali
- Inaugural evening...
I’ve also shared a few whisky women centric posts with:
- Feminist twist to whisky?
- Whisky Ladies of Mumbai
- Whisky Clubs Revealed – Secret Recipe for the Whisky Ladies Success
- Plus the Mumbai Mirror’s article “Whisky Business“
As we add more highlights (perhaps even lowlights too), this page will be updated. However for a complete listing including links to whisky reviews, see:
We also are delighted to reach out to a wider world of fellow women whisky appreciators!
If you want to get in touch, just email at info [at] everydayasia [dot] com.