Our Whisky Ladies in Mumbai love exploring – both different drams and different parts of the world. So when combined, brilliant experiences are the result! For September, one Whisky Lady shared stories and special selections with us from her recent trip to Ireland!
Her whiskey tour took her all over and she shared how incredibly difficult it was to narrow the choice down to a trio of whiskies, sweetened by special chocolates created to pair with Irish whiskies and music with decidedly celtic notes.
What did we try?
Whisky Ladies Irish Trio:
- Glendalough 13 year 46% Mizunara Finish
- Teeling Brabazon Bottling Series 2 – Port 49.5%
- Teeling Brabazon Bottling Series 1 – Sherry 49.5%
There was no doubt that the Glendalough was a crowd pleasure but it was an interesting debate between the Port and Sherry Teeling duo – different elements appealed to different women. And it is that diversity that makes tasting together such a pleasure – discerning, discussing, debating over our dram discoveries.
It was also fitting that the tasting notes for our evening were captured on the last blank page of my whisky notebook which contained scribbles from over two years of Mumbai tastings.
This wasn’t our 1st Irish evening… Curious? Here’s a few or check the Irish whiskies page.
- Whisky Ladies Turn 3! Irish eyes are smiling – Jameson Caskmate Stout Edition 40%, Green Spot 40%, Yellow Spot 12 year 46%, Redbreast 12 year 40%
- Original’s Teeling Trip: Single Grain, Single Malt, Small Batch & Madeira Cask Strength
- BMC & Whisky Ladies “Irish Night” with Bushmills 10 year, 16 year, 21 year + Steamship
Interested in receiving more Whisky Lady posts? Why not follow on: