“The lady would like a single malt!”
I’m a Canadian lass who was based in Mumbai, India exploring whiskies of the world along with my friends for many years.
In 2011, we went from ad hoc informal tastings here and there to forming a private group that religiously meets monthly. Along the way I became the ‘scribe’ and started publishing tasting notes on my blog “Everyday Asia.”
However these whisky sessions were just the beginning and this blog was born as it grew into a passion worthy of its own home.
This was followed in 2016 by a 3rd club affectionately known as the “BMC” aka the Bombay Malt & Cigar club as our amusing take on the Bombay Municipal Corporation.
After some 20 years in India, late 2019 I made a huge move for work to Nuremberg, Germany leaving behind three remarkable tasting groups. Now, I’m looking ahead to forging new friendship sharing a passion for exploring the wonderful world of whiskies.
And what does that mean for our three Mumbai whisky tasting groups? They all remain:
- For the Whisky Ladies of Mumbai, September 2019 was time to pass the baton to a few fabulous women who now capture tasting notes on a new blog: Whisky Ladies of Mumbai!
- You can also find some tasting notes for original club sessions on Whisky Flu
- As for the Bombay Malt & Cigar gents? They have amongst them writers aplenty, however don’t expect to see a new blog popping up anytime soon… That shared, don’t be surprised to see continued adventures with these lads from various corners of the globe!
This blog will continue and I invite you to start exploring with:
- Complete listing of whiskies by country/region or sub-sets like:
- Tasting sessions which includes a monthly whisky round-up
Hope you enjoy!