Paula McGlynn is a CEO and Founding Director of Gulbadan Talkies and Bharatiya Digital Party (BhaDiPa). BhaDiPa is the pioneer of Marathi digital content, starting with its hit series “Casting Couch with Amey & Nipun” in 2016, and recently revived the Marathi Stand-Up comedy scene, now managing over 15 comic artists. BhaDiPa now has 3 channels under it’s brand, including Bha2Pa (Travel) and Vishay Khol (Politics and Infotainment). BhaDiPa recently received the Zee Talkies Marathi Comedy award for “Best Web Series”, and currently has over 80 million views and over 800K subscribers.
Entrepreneur, producer, actress, script writer… Paula will track down a new whisky experiment from Canada or the US, take an hour off from a film shoot in Goa to pop over to Paul John distillery for a tour (plus collect a coveted bottle of Peated) or drop by WhiskyLive when in South Africa… just because… whisky!
Here is what Paula has to say about the Campbeltown…
- Blended Malt (blend of 2 casks) – Distillery Unknown
- Bottled from a refill bourbon hogshead, un-chill filtered, natural colour.
- Item no longer available for purchase
The second in an impressive-looking line up of North Star whiskies was a bit of a surprise – a 4 year old blend, cask-strength bottle (uh-oh) 57.4%!
Campbeltown 4 year (Apr 2014/May 2018) 57%
- Nose: sweet mandarin orange, honeycomb, floral, cream, vanilla, and sprite! (later butterscotch)
- Palate: honey, oranges, spice, ginger, orange-maple liqueur
- Finish: mid-long, bitters, lavender, light sugar-water sweetness, salt, and some lingering orange flavour
North Star’s official tasting notes:
- Nose: Lemon citrus & cut-grass. Oddfellows aromatic sweeties
- Palate: Gingerbread & a lovely clementine
- Finish: Super summer fruit with a touch of sea salt
Carissa asked the folks at North Star for more insight and this is what Ciara Hepburn had to say:
The Campbeltown in Series 005 was a blended malt, and unfortunately they do not give us information as to what the whisky is made up of. I love bringing this bottle to my tastings as there is usually a few dinosaurs in the room that cannot believe this is only a 4 year old!
We couldn’t agree more! It was a hit and great reminder that terrific whisky can be crafted with just a few years.
For those curious what we paid (before it disappeared from online shelves!), this whisky was purchased from Master of Malt in August 2018 for £37.40 / USD 50 / INR 3,600 and was opened in November 2018.
Don’t miss the other Whisky Ladies guest reviews of North Star Series 005 whiskies covering 5 Scottish regions:
- Speyside – Glentauchers 11 year (Apr 2007/May 2018) 58.9% by Nikolina Berg
- Highland – MacDuff 11 year (2006/2018) 55.2% by Rekha Sharma
- Island – Orkney 12 year (Mar 2006/May 2018) 57.8% by Shruti Sutwala
- Islay – Caol Ila 12 year (Apr 2006/May 2018) 54.6% by Lina Sonne
- Highland – Ardmore Peat 8 year (June 2008/Oct 2016) 57.1%, North Star Series 001
- Islay – Islay 8 year (June 2008/May 2017) 58.3%, North Star Series 002
- Speyside – Glenrothes 20 year (Oct 1996/Oct 2016) 54.6%, North Star Series 001
Want even more Whisky Lady posts? Follow this blog on: