February can be a mixed month – in some parts of the world crazy cold, in others dreary and rainy and others… well… you can enjoy the sunshine and balmy breezes! So what about our whisky explorations?
Back in Deutschland, virtual tastings continued – this time with a set from Warehouse No 8 purchased the previous year set-up to explore Scottish regions:
- Highland – Deanston 10 year (Sep 2009 – Oct 2019) Bourbon Barrel 57.3%
- Lowland – Port Dundas 10 year (Oct 2009 – Oct 2019) Refill Sherry 47.9%
- Speyside – Miltonduff 11 years (Feb 1995 – Oct 2015) Bourbon Hogshead 59.5% and Miltonduff 14 year (Jun 2007 – July 2021) WW8 76 1st Fill Px Sherry Octave 50.4%
- Islay – Braon Peat Batch 7 (15 April 2019) 57.5%
Our Whisky Ladies of Mumbai explored a Swedish Trio with:
- Isle of Lime Sangelstain 46.3% – A delightful appetizer from Gotland
- High Coast Älv “Delicate Vanilla” 46% – A gentle summer dram
- High Coast Berg “Pedro Ximenez” 50% – Robust sherry that demanded attention
And our Bombay Malt & Cigar gents held a fun-filled evening of one of my favorite distilleries – Lochranza – with a quartet of Arran expressions exploring cask finishes:
- Arran Sauternes Finish 50% – A sweet delight with substance
- Arran Amarone Finish 50% – A Turkish delight!
- Arran Sherry Finish 55.8% – Rich intense sherry
- Arran Port Finish 50% – Heavy dark fruits, bold and brilliant
I also posted notes from the previous month from a social evening with Gin featuring Portobello Road No 171 London Dry 42%, Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish 43%, Brockmans 40%, Sacred London Dry 43%.
Curious to know more? Check out a few more monthly summaries:
And if you don’t want to miss a post, why not follow Whisky Lady on:
- WordPress https://whiskylady.co/
- FaceBook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN
Additionally, there are the two ‘off-shoots’ with: