What a month!! I’ve been happily home in India and even better managed to fit in a couple tasting sessions – squeezed in a narrow window of days in-country and negative tests!
Winter in India is perfect for whisky and yet we also had some gin too.
On New Year’s Eve, I found myself surprisingly more in a gin than whisky mood, so decided to open a trio gifted by an American friend many years ago… much later I sat down and revisited, sharing a few impressions of these gins from California distillery St George here: St George Terroir, Botanivore, and Dry Rye 45%
Our Bombay Malt & Cigar gents managed to gather not once but thrice in rapid succession to explore two sets of whiskies and one set of gin. We started off with a Scottish Adjacent exploration of:
- The English Original 43% – Getting started… let’s see how things evolve
- Cotswold Signature Single Malt (2018) 46% – Delightful and worth revisiting
- Penderyn Madeira Finish 46% – Our memory was playing tricks on us with this one!
- The Famous Grouse 40% – Reminder that blends ruled
In a departure from our usual focus on Whisky, our host had long back collected for a social evening an assortment of Gins featuring Portobello Road No 171 London Dry 42%, Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish 43%, Brockmans 40%, Sacred London Dry 43%.
And we closed with a fun-filled evening of one of my favorite distilleries – Lochranza – with a quartet of Arran expressions exploring cask finishes – Sauternes, Amarone, The Bodega Sherry and Port with tasting notes to come soon!
Curious to know more? Check out a few more monthly summaries:
And if you don’t want to miss a post, why not follow Whisky Lady on:
- WordPress https://whiskylady.co/
- FaceBook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN
Additionally, there are the two ‘off-shoots’ with:
- Whisky Ladies of Mumbai blog with the continuing adventures of the lovely ladies in India
- Whisky Ladies European chapter insta with our new explorations in colder climes!