Ohh… December… another year in COVID times with complicated inconvenient travel arrangements. However there is still much to be thankful for as I finally landed home in India after another four months away.
Highlight was a virtual Whisky Tasting put together by the folks at GlenAllachie and Whic.de where we wandered through a quintet of minis… which led to my picking up four!
- 12 year 46% – Rich, robust and intense sherry
- 15 year 46% – Elegant, slow down and enjoy…
- 12 year French Virgin Oak 48% – Nuanced honeyed sweetness
- 12 year Marsala Wood Finish 48% – Juicy, fruity and fabulous
- 11 year Madeira Barrique Cask bottled for whic.de 60.7% – Hot vacation in a glass, no subtlety, unique
And just before taking off for India, we raised the French flag with a Bellevoye Trio ?
- Blue 40% (French Oak) – A promising start, easy sipping dram
- White 40% (Sauternes) – Silky smooth palate
- Red 40% (Grand Cru) – Engaging aromas
Before that we cracked open another Maison Benjamin Kuentz creation – Le Guip. Think of Brittany – a cold salty sea spray! It is yet another example this “editeur” of whisky is worth paying attention to…
So there is a new kid on the block in India! I was fortunate during my last trip to Mumbai to check out Kamet – a new Indian single malt. Not bad, not bad at all!
Finally, I also had an opportunity to share my coveted Perry Road Peru Cocktail – Strangers & Sons gin with spiced guava – yum! And crack open the comforting indulgence Arran Gold cream liqueur. Whilst not my usual tipple, it was perfect for the season.
Curious to know more? Check out a few more monthly summaries:
And if you don’t want to miss a post, why not follow Whisky Lady on:
- WordPress https://whiskylady.co/
- FaceBook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN
Additionally, there are the two ‘off-shoots’ with: