Yet again we have returned to Sweden, compliments of our Swedish Whisky Lady’s summer trip to the land of her birth.
- Nose – One coined the phrase “It is Scandi floss!” for it light sweet candy floss like aroma, then behind the sweet peaked some peat, overall impression is fresh, minimalist, with some citrus grapefruit, cedar wood
- Palate – Not complicated yet exceedingly enjoyable, in keeping with the aromas – minimalist, peat and lightly sweet
- Finish – Starts off slightly bitter then warms up in a lovely way
This was definitely a ‘thumbs up’ dram with exclamations like “Sweden rocks!” and “Mmmmm… really rather nice.”
We found it very drinkable, one of those happy to be home whiskies that can work even in Mumbai’s warm weather. A bright summer dram.
Here’s what the folks over at The Whisky Exchange have to say:
Dálvve is a medium-peated whisky that has been aged for around five years in first-fill bourbon casks. This is a sweet and smoky whisky with notes of vanilla.
Here’s what else we sampled that evening:
- France – Michel Couvreur Special Vatting Malt Whisky 45%
- Switzerland – Langatun Old Bear Cask Proof (2010/2016) 62.8%
- Austria – Wieser’s Uuahouua Pinot Noir 40%, Waldviertler J.H. 5 year Single Malt 41% + Waldviertler J.H. 6 year Rye Malt 41%
It was purchased in Sweden in August 2017 and opened from a closed bottle in December 2017.
- Box Whisky The Festival 2015 54.5%
- Box Whisky Shareholders 2016 3 year 52%
- Mackmyra 3 Year Bachair Private Cask
- Mackmyra 8 Year Dram Good Whisky
- Mackmyra 3 Year Preludium 01 De Första Dropparna 55.6%
- Mackmyra Svensk Rok 46.1%
- Mackmyra Vinterdröm 46.1%
- Smögen Single Cask 7/2011 4 year old 57.3%
- Smögen Sherry Project 1:4 57.2%
- Spirit of Hven Tycho’s Star 41.8%
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: