Last summer I had the distinct pleasure of spending a few days in Sweden visiting a Whisky Lady. Naturally, we prioritized exploring distilleries and made it to Spirit of Hven on the West Coast near her family home followed by the mighty Mackmyra outside of Stockholm.
Years before we had tasted a few expressions from High Coast (mostly from when it was still called Box!) and also a couple drams from Smögen. So I was exceedingly curious to see what she chose to bring back to Mumbai for the Whisky Ladies.
Happily, it was two contrasting expressions from High Coast and our first ever experience with Isle of Lime from Gotland.
What did we explore?
- Isle of Lime Sangelstain 46.3% – Delightful fresh appetizer from Gotland
Then two from High Coast’s Origins Series:
- High Coast Älv “Delicate Vanilla” 46% – Gentle summer dram
- High Coast Berg “Pedro Ximinez” 50% – PX influenced warm ginger almond spice
What an incredibly special evening… just a few Whisky Ladies experiencing three unique and exceedingly enjoyable whiskies!
If you don’t want to miss a post, why not follow Whisky Lady on:
- WordPress https://whiskylady.co/
- FaceBook Whisky Lady India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN