While originally from Canada, I’m proud to call India my adopted home and pleased to share our tasting adventures focused on India’s offerings to the world of whisky.
Once upon a time if you said “There is this interesting single malt from India…” folks would be liable to look at you rather askance.
Fast forward and we have two major contenders to chose from – Amrut & Paul John – with Rampur making a more recent splash!
- Amrut Whiskies:
- Paul John Whiskies:
- 7 year (2009) Olorosso Sherry Cask Finish 57.4%*
- 7 year Kanya 50% (Zodiac series)
- Bold Single Malt Batch #1 (2015) 46% + Batch #4 (2016) 46%
- Brilliance Single Malt 46%
- Classic Select Cask 55.2%
- Edited Single Malt 46% – 1st bottle, 2nd bottle
- Peated Select Cask 55.5% & Winnipeg Cabinet tasting
- Peated Single Cask
- Paul John Single Cask #1844 60.5%
- Rampur 43%
- Bhutan – Misty Peak & K5
And for a little fun?
Interested in more? Check out:
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: