Just before heading out from Whisky Live Singapore 2017, I popped back to say “ciao!” to the folks at the Paul John booth… Right next to them was Amrut with the gents from the distillery, quite a refreshing contrast from the previous year.
And what did I briefly sample?
- Nose – Nice and fruity – apricots?
- Palate – Spice, more fruit, woody, light tobacco
- Finish – More of the lightly smokey spice
The USP for Kadhambam is that it is both peated and unpeated whisky matured in 3 different casks – Oloroso Sherry Butts, and Amrut’s Brandy and Rum casks.
- Nose – Rich sherry berry like with a Port twist! Almost chocolaty
- Palate – Dry spice, more dark fruits
- Finish – Long, sweet, berry concentrate
- Water – From my quick check, generous dollops of water is a must!
So there you have it! A short, sweet and surface level synopsis of two more Amrut whiskies.
And other Amrut‘s sampled over the years?
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on:
- Facebook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN