Next up in the Whisky Live Singapore speed tasting was Benromach… Once again, missed a chance to speak with someone from the distillery but was still good to reconnect with the Benromach drams.
Benromach 5 year 40%
- Nose – Lightly organic, yoghurt, fruity
- Palate – Very soft, a little spice
- Finish – Sweet
It was like we were off to a good start! A nice appetizer style dram, whetting the appetite for more to come…
Benromach Organic (2010/2016) 43%
- Nose – Guess what? Yup – quite “organic”, fruits, farm fresh
- Palate – So smooth, warm fruit, fresh, grows on you…
- Finish – Cereals, spice
The cereals were light, fresh and balanced.
Benromach Peat Smoke (2007/2016) 46%
- Nose – What a lovely puff of smoke… not heavy at all
- Palate – Happy peat
- Finish – There but not forceful
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: