It was recently purchased by one of our Whisky Ladies during her trip to Scotland. She shared how many a dram was sampled before finally settling on this one as THE whisky she wanted to bring back from her trip for the Whisky Ladies in Mumbai.
What did the Whisky Ladies find?
- Nose – Sweetly smoky – we’ve found our happy place, clear sherry with hickory wood… like the embers of a campfire in the morning, then bananas, stewed fruits
- Palate – Cherry liquor, the peat is back with spice, salty chocolate fudge, vanilla, liquorice, nicely complex with the different elements swirling about with one sip bringing out more of the creamy fudge and another the cherry berry quality then the next sip the sweet spices and another the peat – what a treat!
- Finish – A drizzle of honey bacon with dry spices
What did the ladies think?
- “Quite a coooool whisky”
- “Something new in every sip!”
- “The whisky you really want to spend an evening with…”
I had recently revisited several rather fine Benromach whiskies at Whisky Live in Singapore and initially was puzzled by all the peat thinking this was the classic 10 year. When discovered it was the 100° Proof, all became clear we were dealing with quite a different avatar!
Whisky ladies experimental evening also featured:
- Old Pulteney 21 year 46%
- Bowmore Black Rock NAS 40%
- Hampden 2010 Jamaica Pure Single Rum HLCF (2010/2016) 68.5%
PS – For more details, check out an earlier encounter with this whisky last year … Benromach 100° Proof.
For more related updates and activities, check out: