This whisky was acquired some time ago by one of our whisky ladies who shared how much she enjoys Bowmore’s approach to bringing together peat and sherry sweet to create a consistent Islay treat.
What did the ladies think?
- Nose – Initially sour curd, warm and wintry, intense and then closed, light peat, the strong sour cherry, raisins spice toasted nuts
- Palate – Well… clearly into 40% territory here… however once we got past the ‘watered down’ dimension enjoyed the smoky, cherry and other tight dried berries, sweet dry spices
- Finish – Much fainter than expected – just a touch of sweetness, smoke and spice
And what do the folks over at Bowmore have to say?
- Breathe In: smoke infused with raisins, pepper, warm cocoa beans and burnt orange
- Sip: rich sherry and peat smoke followed by blackcurrant treacle toffee and cinnamon spice
- Savour: beautifully balanced peat smoke and sea salt
Whisky ladies experimental evening also featured:
- Old Pulteney 21 year 46%
- Benromach 10 year 100° Proof 57%
- Hampden 2010 Jamaica Pure Single Rum HLCF (2010/2016) 68.5%
For more related updates and activities, check out: