This month our Bombay Malt and Cigar gents moved in a different direction…. far far far away from Scotland to land on Japan.
After much grumbling and discussion of how Japanese whiskies price has shot through the roof, we settle down to give the drams a proper try… noting that there was a narry an age statement in sight!
And what did we sample in our jaunt to Japan?
- Hibiki Japanese Harmony “Master’s Select” NAS 43% – A “happy” drink for the masses
- Nikka All Malt 40% – A rather satisfying rich balanced blended malt
- Miyagikyo NAS 45% – Citrus floral with white pepper
- Hakushu “Distiller’s Reserve” NAS 43% – Green forest meets aniseed with a wisp of smoke
Which was followed by cigars (naturally!) home-made sushi, tempura, chicken teriyaki skewers, Thai curry and stewed peaches with much merriment joined by our partners too!
Interested in more whiskies from Japan and Taiwan? Check out the Asia section…
Or previous tastings of:
- Hibiki Harmony NAS 43%
- Nikka Blended Whisky 40% + Nikka Pure Malt 21 year 43%
- Miyagikyo 15 year 45% + NAS at Whisky Live Singapore 2016
- Hakushu NAS 43% + Whisky Ladies Oct 2017
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: