When I was in Goa at the Paul John distillery early 2017, Michael shared he had plans for a Zodiac series… each whisky named after a sign of the Zodiac, all limited release, likely to be from older stock, each unique.
So when I wandered over to the Paul John booth at Whisky Live Singapore 2017 to say hello to the guys, the 1st Zodiac release – Kanya – was the whisky whipped out with pride… and who could resist an opportunity to try?
It was a sneak peak into a whisky that became officially available early 2018.
Paul John Kanya 7 year 50%
- Nose – Soft tropical fruits, musty, luscious, fruit drops, citrus sweet and spice, caramel
- Palate – A real bite, old wood, dry, such character
- Finish – Long and strong
Overall it was chock full of personality. With a sense of being caught just a moment before being in the wood too long… Marvellous. One I would have loved to settle down with properly.
Other Paul John experiences:
- Bold Single Malt Batch #1 (2015) 46% + Batch #4 (2016) 46%
- Brilliance Single Malt 46%
- Classic Select Cask 55.2%
- Edited Single Malt 46% 1st bottle, 2nd bottle
- Peated Select Cask 55.5% + Winnipeg Cabinet tasting
- Peated Single Cask
- Paul John Single Cask #1844 60.5%
- Distillery Tour (Guest Post by Paula McGlynn)
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: