April brings heat to Mumbai – not exactly whisky tasting weather – however where there is a will, there is a way!
Sweaty conditions did not deter the Whisky Ladies from exploring unique food pairings with Highland Peaty Drams:
- Inchmoan 12 year 46% (Loch Lomond Distillery Island Collection) – A Highland whisky from Loch Lomond distillery
- Aird Mhor 8 year (2009/2018) 55.3% (Single Malts of Scotland) – Another Highland dram from Ardmore distillery
- Ballechin Heavily Peated 12 year 54.5% – A final Highland from Edradour distillery
We also welcomed a new Mumbai tasting group to the mix – The Drammers Club – imported from New York.
Our original group and Bombay Malt & Cigar gents took a small break but will be back with more sessions soon!
And the balance? All catching up with posting tasting notes from earlier evenings…
Our original group explored in March ‘red’ cask finishes with:
- Balvenie 14 year Caribbean Cask 42% – Gulab Jamun with rum
- Linkwood 16 year (1998) Côte Rôtie 45% (G&MP) – Remarkable!
- Longrow Red 11 year Cabernet Franc 55.9% – Well worth trying… lovey balance of peat and sweet
Both our Whisky Ladies late February and Original club in March explored the 2018 Canadian Shelter Point editions:
- Artisanal Single Malt (2018) 46% – Bottled sheer joy and happiness
- Montfort District Lot 141 Grain (2018) 46% – Award winning, curious and interesting
- Double Barrelled Single Malt (2018) 50% (French Oak Cask – Quail’s Gate Pinot Noir) – What you want instead of wine with dinner!
- Artisanal Cask Strength (2018) 58.7% – Rye adds a spicy twist!
Rounding up March was an evening of Bourbon‘s with the Bombay Malt & Cigar gents:
- Four Roses Small Batch 45% – Classic bourbon
- Clyde May’s Straight Bourbon Recipe No 2 46% – Clear favourite of the evening
- Breaker Bourbon Port Barrel Finish Batch No 5 45% – Interesting effort but didn’t quite work
- Bib & Tucker 10 year 66.6% – After settled down, paired rather well with the cigar
I also caught up with a couple posts from my last Singapore trip:
- A memorable evening at The Swan Song – a remarkable bar in Singapore where you can enjoy exceptional one of a kind whiskies
- A Long Pond rum duo from Whisky Live Singapore 2018
Curious to know more? Check out recent Whisky Lady’s monthly missives:
So why not follow Whisky Lady on: