A personal connect often is the magic link in our sourcing efforts… Which is exactly why our Bombay Malt & Cigar group has enjoyed a decidedly Norther American “twang” to some of our tastings…
One member’s spouse is Canadian with a recent trip leading to a Canadian Club tasting and another’s spouse is American. This member last brought us a Westland Trio and now a special evening focused purely on Bourbon!
But these were no ordinary run of the mill bourbons – nope! Other than Four Roses just to whet our whistles, the other three from Alabama to California are not your standard garden variety brash bourbons.
What did we think? Read on and discover!
BMC’s Bourbon Night
- Four Roses Small Batch 45%
- Clyde May’s Straight Bourbon Recipe No 2 46%
- Breaker Bourbon Port Barrel Finish Batch No 5 45%
- Bib & Tucker 10 year 66.6%
Our favourite? There was zero doubt that the Clyde May‘s came out on top for its delightful sweetness plus made a terrific complement to the cigar initially.
And next up? The Bib & Tucker was the most interesting… and as the cigar became spicier, most of us shifted to pairing with it instead.
For the rest? Four Roses the most accessible – both in palate and as a bourbon.
Whereas the Breaker Bourbon Port Barrel Finish? Not sure it quite worked for us… pity.
Interested in other Bourbon focused evenings? A few memorable ones include:
- Bourbon Cocktail Hour in Bombay! FEW Bourbon 46.5% + Manhattan, Mitcher’s Small Batch 45.7% + Sazerac, Cleveland Underground AP Bourbon Whiskey finished with Apple Wood, Batch 3, 45% + Whisky Sour
- BMC goes Bourbon – Jefferson’s Kentucky Straight Bourbon 41.14%, St George 43%, Blanton’s, Stagg 64.75%
- DISCUS American bourbon, rye and cocktails – Old Fashioned, Manhattan, Mint Julep, The Ginger Baker, Spiced Boulevardier
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on:
- Facebook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN