Let me start off my confessing I’m not a big Bourbon, Tenessee or American Rye fan… I’m also not really a cocktail gal – especially if they are sweet. So the Manhattan is not typically my style. However it is indeed a classic so no session of whiskey cocktail making would be complete without it!
- 45 ml Bourbon/Tennessee
- 10 ml Sweet Vermouth
- 3 drops aromatic bitters
In a mixing glass filed with ice, pour all ingredients and stir well. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a cherry or orange peel.
These all came courtesy of a whisky cocktail ‘masterclass’ with DISCUS in May 2017, Mumbai.
Other American whisky experiences:
- Whisky Ladies “Not your average N American whiskey…”Canada’s Shelter Point Single Malt Batch #1 (2016) 46%, Westland Single Malt 46%, AD Laws Triticum Straight Wheat 2 year (Batch #1B) 50% + Hordeum Straight Malt 2 year (Batch #1B) 42.5%
- Whisky ladies go west! Pine Barrens Single Malt (Batch 13) 47.5%, Stranahan’s Original (Batch 182) 47%, Westland Sherry Wood 46%, A.D. Laws Four Grain Straight Bourbon (Batch 8) 47.5%, Woodford Reserve (Batch 133) 43.2% + Ole Smoky Moonshine 50%
- Whisky Ladies go American! Jack Daniels Old No 7 40%, Hudson Single Malt 46%, Jim Bean 40%, Knobs Creek 9 yr 50% (Shatbhi Basu, DISCUS)
- Bring on the bourbon and rye! Blanton’s Single Barrel Bourbon, Russell’s Reserve, Rough Rider Bull Moose Three Barrel Rye, Breckenridge Special Release
- Kentucky Straight Bourbon: Elijah Craig, WL Weller Special Reserve, 1792 Ridgemount Reserve, Buffalo Trace + Blanton’s Single Barrel Bourbon
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: