The final whisky in our American trilogy was from Colorado…
Aged 2 years in charred new American oak barrels. Its key claim to fame is that it uses water from “snow melted from the rocky mountains.”
As always with our original Mumbai tasting group, we sampled blind, then revealed the whisky. Here is what we found…
Rocky Mountain Breckenridge Special Release 43%
- Nose – Reassuringly bourbon banana sweet mellow raisins, fruity
- Taste – The closest to being Scottish in taste, a bit chewy sweet, a very good whisky but was slightly tricky to describe and nothing specific jumped out at us
- Finish – Light spicy finish
“Feel like cowboys / gals in leather chaps riding off to the sunset just like in those old Westerns. Yeehaw!”
What do the folks over at Breckenridge have to say?
Deep honey-amber hue with warm, pronounced aromas of under-ripe banana and brown sugar, with spicy notes of white pepper and toasted sesame. Light body with warm texture and long sweet oak, vanilla finish with a touch of bitterness to balance. Reminiscent of a slice of toasted rye bread with honey drizzled on it.
We mash, ferment and distill a lot of Bourbon in house. Our Blend of Straight Bourbon Whiskeys also consists of Barrels selected from Kentucky, Tennessee, and Indiana chosen for their unique qualities, heritage, and ability to marry in our blend, always made from a high-rye mash bill.
- New York – Rough Rider ‘Bull Moose’ Three Barrel Rye, 45% cask select 1
- Kentucky – Russell’s Reserve 10 year 45%
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: