Next up in our American tour was a surprise from New York – bottled by Long Island Spirits.
As usual we sampled blind then revealed the whisky. Here is what we found…
- Colour – Deeper amber than the Russell’s Reserve
- Nose – Lemon soapy scented bubble bath, fresh sawdust
- Taste – Ruafza (sweet rose syrup), sweet on the tongue while harsh at the back, wine notes with a chardonnay brightness or gewürztraminer sweetness, smooth
- Finish – Very surface level, slightly sour
- One thought had slightly synthetic flavour
- Another suggested would be best drunk at a brunch, paired with a lemon tart
- For a one-year old baccha (child), not bad… but not qualifying for favourites category
Here’s what the folks over at the WineBow group have to say about their Three Barrel Rye:
Crisp with a fruity sweetness on the nose followed by spice, caramel, vanilla and blackberry on the palate with a long, warm, toasty, velvety finish.
Sampled together with:
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: