I’m in Canada for a week and I thought while I’m off gallivanting, may as well post a few whisky cocktails – a bit of a departure from my usual style.
These recipes all came from a few hours one Friday afternoon in a sultry hot Mumbai May day where I joined a cocktail making class…
We began with a classic – Old Fashioned – full of ice!
Old Fashioned recipe
- 45 ml Bourbon/Tennessee
- 1 sugar cube
- 3-5 drops aromatic bitters
In an old fashioned glass, drop a sugar cube and add the bitters. Break the sugar and mix well. Pour in the whiskey and fill with ice. Gi e it a quick stir to mix well and add more ice if necessary. Release the oils from an orange peel and drop.
These all came courtesy of a session with DISCUS in May 2017, Mumbai.
Other American whisky experiences:
- Whisky Ladies “Not your average N American whiskey…”Canada’s Shelter Point Single Malt Batch #1 (2016) 46%, Westland Single Malt 46%, AD Laws Triticum Straight Wheat 2 year (Batch #1B) 50% + Hordeum Straight Malt 2 year (Batch #1B) 42.5%
- Whisky ladies go west! Pine Barrens Single Malt (Batch 13) 47.5%, Stranahan’s Original (Batch 182) 47%, Westland Sherry Wood 46%, A.D. Laws Four Grain Straight Bourbon (Batch 8) 47.5%, Woodford Reserve (Batch 133) 43.2% + Ole Smoky Moonshine 50%
- Whisky Ladies go American! Jack Daniels Old No 7 40%, Hudson Single Malt 46%, Jim Bean 40%, Knobs Creek 9 yr 50% (Shatbhi Basu, DISCUS)
- Bring on the bourbon and rye! Blanton’s Single Barrel Bourbon, Russell’s Reserve, Rough Rider Bull Moose Three Barrel Rye, Breckenridge Special Release
- Kentucky Straight Bourbon: Elijah Craig, WL Weller Special Reserve, 1792 Ridgemount Reserve, Buffalo Trace + Blanton’s Single Barrel Bourbon
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: