As usual, we sampled it blind and here is what we found…
- Colour – Dark burnished copper
- Nose – Banana toffee, sweet vanilla, caramel
- Palate – Spicy honey sweetness, perhaps a pinch of nutmeg? (some disagreed)
- Finish – Warm
- Add water – Even spicier, then mellowed out
- “One track… one direction.”
- “A lot more body than a regular Bourbon.”
- “Has all the ‘ticks’ for bourbon…. though a bit predictable.”
Unveiling: Straight bourbon with wheat substituting for rye.
Like many other bourbons, what is eminently reasonable as a daily dram in the US is well neigh impossible to find and hardly affordable in India.
The Original Wheated Bourbon Whiskey features an exceptionally smooth taste, substituting wheat for rye grain. Bottled at 90 proof, this bourbon stands out with its burnt orange color. Its softer flavor notes make this bourbon great for sipping or making cocktails.
A sweet nose with a presence of caramel. Tasting notes of honey, butterscotch, and a soft woodiness. It’s smooth, delicate and calm. Features a smooth finish with a sweet honeysuckle flair.
Here’s what others have to say about WL Weller:
Other whiskies in our Kentucky bourbon evening included:
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: