Our Whisky Ladies of Mumbai are no strangers to North American whiskey… we’ve had other evenings checking out offerings from both Canada and the US.
What distinguished this evening is that we eschewed big brands to opt for newer players…
What did we try?
- Shelter Point Single Malt (2016, Batch #1) 46% – A brand new entrant to the world of whisky from BC, Canada
- Westland Single Malt 46% – The Seattle distillery that is garnering attention for both quality and originality
- AD Laws Triticum Straight Wheat 2 year (Batch #1B) 50% – Colorado distillery playing around with common wheat
- AD Laws Hordeum Straight Malt 2 year (Batch #1B) 42.5% – And their wild barley grass experiment
Other American themed evenings:
- Whisky ladies go west! Pine Barrens, Stranahan’s Original, Westland Sherry Wood, A.D. Laws Four Grain, Woodford Reserve + Ole Smoky Moonshine
- Whisky Ladies go American! Jack Daniels Old No 7, Hudson Single Malt, Jim Bean, Knobs Creek 9 year (Shatbhi Basu, DISCUS)
- Kentucky Straight Bourbon: Elijah Craig, WL Weller Special Reserve, 1792 Ridgemount Reserve, Buffalo Trace + Blanton’s Single Barrel Bourbon
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on:
- Facebook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN
Maybe I missed a link, don’t you usually do a review?
Be patient! Specific whisky reviews coming soon – starting 1st Feb. 🙂
Hope you managed to catch the reviews now that they are all published?