Next up in our whiskey cocktails was the perfect refreshing hot weather cocktail – the Mint Julep.
Mint Julep recipe
- 45 ml Bourbon/Tennessee
- 10 ml simple syrup
- 3 drops aromatic bitters
- Fresh mint sprigs
In a silver Julep cup, drop the mint sprigs and add aromatic bitters, simple syrup and whiskey then muddle. Fill the cup with crushed ice and mix well. Garnish with a mint sprig and serve.
These all came courtesy of a session with DISCUS in May 2017, Mumbai.
Other American whisky experiences:
- Whisky Ladies “Not your average N American whiskey…”Canada’s Shelter Point Single Malt Batch #1 (2016) 46%, Westland Single Malt 46%, AD Laws Triticum Straight Wheat 2 year (Batch #1B) 50% + Hordeum Straight Malt 2 year (Batch #1B) 42.5%
- Whisky ladies go west! Pine Barrens Single Malt (Batch 13) 47.5%, Stranahan’s Original (Batch 182) 47%, Westland Sherry Wood 46%, A.D. Laws Four Grain Straight Bourbon (Batch 8) 47.5%, Woodford Reserve (Batch 133) 43.2% + Ole Smoky Moonshine 50%
- Whisky Ladies go American! Jack Daniels Old No 7 40%, Hudson Single Malt 46%, Jim Bean 40%, Knobs Creek 9 yr 50% (Shatbhi Basu, DISCUS)
- Bring on the bourbon and rye! Blanton’s Single Barrel Bourbon, Russell’s Reserve, Rough Rider Bull Moose Three Barrel Rye, Breckenridge Special Release
- Kentucky Straight Bourbon: Elijah Craig, WL Weller Special Reserve, 1792 Ridgemount Reserve, Buffalo Trace + Blanton’s Single Barrel Bourbon
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: