Sometimes its good to shake things up! And that’s exactly what we experienced in our recent session. Literally shaking up some bourbon to make cocktails!
To get us in the mood, our evening began with a pop quiz on Bourbon, with fun factoids like a crash course into the confoundingly confusing mix of prohibition and restrictions (wet, dry, moist, wine, limited, golf…) to be found around alcohol consumption in the very state that boosts of bringing bourbon to the world – Kentucky!
Once our trivia round was finished, we dove into the Bourbons. We started with just a few sips of each… then the “main event” commenced…carefully crafted cocktails playing with the different elements of the drams.
So what did we enjoy?
- FEW Bourbon 46.5% was the base for a rather delicious Manhattan
- Mitcher’s Small Batch 45.7% morphed into a marvellous Sazerac
- Cleveland Underground AP Bourbon 45% finished with Apple Wood, Batch 3, frothed into a twist on a Whiskey Sour
Read on over the coming days to find out more about our brush with Bourbons brought back to Bombay!
This wasn’t our 1st rodeo with American whiskies either… We’ve had some past adventures such as:
- DISCUS American bourbon, rye and cocktails – Old Fashioned, Manhattan, Mint Julep, The Ginger Baker, Spiced Boulevardier
- Whisky Ladies go American! Jack Daniels Old No 7, Hudson Single Malt, Jim Bean, Knobs Creek 9 year
- BMC goes Bourbon – Jefferson’s Kentucky Straight Bourbon 41.14%, St George 43%, Blanton’s, Stagg 64.75%
- Bring on the bourbon and rye!
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on:
- Facebook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN