We shifted from single malt back to Bourbon with the reliable Blanton’s… it was by no means most of our first brush with Blanton’s… a few shared when in doubt, it is always safe to reach out for this bourbon. From Buffalo Trace, Blanton’s is a traditional bourbon made of corn, rye and barley… from warehouse H.
What did we think?
Blanton’s Single Barrel Bourbon 93 Proof Dumped 5-25-17, Barrel No 424, Ruch No 47
- Nose – Lemon tart, honey sweet, a hint of tobacco or sweet grass, light leather
- Palate – Lovely sweetness, new American oak, caramel with a bit of orange marmalade
- Finish – Soft subtle finish, walnut bitterness
Such an enjoyable easy drinking bourbon. The 1st hit wakes you up but is not even the least bit harsh. This was an easy pick to settle down for the night with a cigar…
And what do the folks over at Buffalo Trace have to say?
- Nose – A deep, satisfying nose of nutmeg and spices.
- Palate – Powerful dry vanilla notes in harmony with hints of honey amid strong caramel and corn.
- Finish – A medium finish composed of returning corn and nutmeg flavors.
What all did we sample in our mostly Bourbon night?
- Jefferson’s Kentucky Straight Bourbon Very Small Batch 41.14%
- St. George Single Malt Whiskey Lot 16 (2016) 43%
- Buffalo Trace’s Stagg Jr 64.75%
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: