Last in our whiskey cocktails was the Spiced Boulevardier. Unlike all the other cocktails, this one needs a bit of advance preparation.
With the bourbon, do an overnight infusion with spices that include Cinnamon, ginger, cloves, pepper and black cardamon.
Spiced Boulevardier recipe
- 30 ml infused Bourbon
- 7.5 ml sweet Vermouth
- 7.5 ml Campari
- Orange peel and/or cinnamon stick
In a mixing glass filled with ice, stir all ingredients and strain into an old fashioned glass filled with ice. Garnish with an orange peel and cinnamon stick and serve.
These all came courtesy of a session with DISCUS in May 2017, Mumbai.
Other American whisky experiences:
- Whisky Ladies “Not your average N American whiskey…”Canada’s Shelter Point Single Malt Batch #1 (2016) 46%, Westland Single Malt 46%, AD Laws Triticum Straight Wheat 2 year (Batch #1B) 50% + Hordeum Straight Malt 2 year (Batch #1B) 42.5%
- Whisky ladies go west! Pine Barrens Single Malt (Batch 13) 47.5%, Stranahan’s Original (Batch 182) 47%, Westland Sherry Wood 46%, A.D. Laws Four Grain Straight Bourbon (Batch 8) 47.5%, Woodford Reserve (Batch 133) 43.2% + Ole Smoky Moonshine 50%
- Whisky Ladies go American! Jack Daniels Old No 7 40%, Hudson Single Malt 46%, Jim Bean 40%, Knobs Creek 9 yr 50% (Shatbhi Basu, DISCUS)
- Bring on the bourbon and rye! Blanton’s Single Barrel Bourbon, Russell’s Reserve, Rough Rider Bull Moose Three Barrel Rye, Breckenridge Special Release
- Kentucky Straight Bourbon: Elijah Craig, WL Weller Special Reserve, 1792 Ridgemount Reserve, Buffalo Trace + Blanton’s Single Barrel Bourbon
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: