It was a full year ago that I picked up this Whisky Warehouse No 8 Regions set. My virtual tasting companies from London and Paris suggested we start with the Highland Deanston – which turned out to be a capital idea!
So what did we think?
Deanston 10 year (Sep 2009 – Oct 2019) WW8 108 Bourbon Barrel 57.3%
- Nose – Mmmmm…. apple pastry – like a sweet cinnamon baked apple crisp topped with brown sugar and oats, mellowed into apple sauce then shifted into something a bit more tart – reminded us more of crabapple or guava….
- Palate – Equally yummy! More of that delicoius pastry, some toffee, super smooth with lovely body and depth, nice spice
- Finish – Quite a decent finish – lingers with a bit of that light spice
- Water – Didn’t even occur to us – surprising given this was our 1st dram of the evening at 57.3%!
What we concluded is that was a perfect start to our evening of tasting. We couldn’t imagine this was cask strength! Smooth and sweet, this whisky was an absolute delight.
I couldn’t find any official tasting notes for this one.. however, it looks like it is still available – remarkable!
What more did we have in our WW8 Regions set:
- Lowland – Port Dundas 10 year (26 Oct 2009 – 31 Oct 2019) WW8 9694 Refill Sherry 47.9%
- Speyside – Miltonduff 11 years (8 Feb 1995 – 30 Oct 2015) Bourbon Hogshead 59.5% / Miltonduff 14 years (June 2007 – July 2021) WW8 6404 1st fill PX Sherry 50.4%
- Islay – Braon Peat Batch 7 (15 April 2019) 57.5% or Highland – Inchfad 14 year (Feb 2005 / Apr 2019) WW8 438 Bourbon Cask 55.5%
What about prior explorations from Whisky Warehouse No. 8?