This wasn’t the 1st, 2nd or even my 3rd time sampling this particular whisky. However it was an exceedingly apt way to kick start our Whisky Ladies evening exploring whiskies with a Northern Lights connect.
As soon as the bottle came out, a fellow Canadian couldn’t help but recall her youthful follies with a quintessential Canadian drink – Rye and Ginger aka ginger ale.
Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye 40%
- Nose – Maple, very sweet, light rye yet accessible, sparkling cider, juicy fruit gum
- Palate – Ginger, sweet, bit spicy then back to sweet
- Finish – Short, sweet, light wood
It made us think of making a terrific Old Fashioned or Manhattan.
Whisky Ladies Northern Lights:
You can read about other tasting adventures with the Northern Harvest Rye here:
- Murray making Manitobans proud
- Singapore Saturday sipping…
- O Canada – Northern Harvest Rye 45%
- Speed taste
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on:
- Facebook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN