Over the years, we’ve had the occasional opportunity to revisit or explore a “sibling” of a particular whisky. This was very much the case in our March Whisky Ladies session where each whisky was a variation on a familiar theme… yet distinctly different too!
Whisky Ladies Asian Delights
- Akashi White Oak Single Malt 40% – The single malt was a contrasting cousin to its Red blended version, which we had dubbed “apple cider” in 2016 and “appetizer” whisky in 2017
- Nikka Coffey Malt 45% – The malted avatar from Nikka was different than the “piña colada” grain sampled in 2016 & again in 2018
- Kavalan Classic 40% – We earlier sampled the mighty Solist Sherry 57.8%, however had never tried the entry avatar Classic
- Nikka From the Barrel 51.4% – This was a complete repeat from 2017, similar impressions yet different too
Even when revisiting the same whisky, each experience is unique – what we discover from a fresh bottle differs from an open one, what we found in a different year, mood, context influences our experience…
That’s the fun of exploring whiskies together – we contrast and compare – both the whiskies and our individual impressions. When it is with terrific company and a lovely setting, what could be more enjoyable?
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on:
- Facebook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN