A few years ago two of our Mumbai based whisky clubs decided to combine for a sociable evening each year:
- Last January, it was the “Ladies Choice” with Akashi, Mackmyra, Paul John, Kornog + Kavalan.
- Before that it was the gents hosting an Irish night with Bushmills 10 year, 16 year, 21 year, Steamship + Connemara.
So what did 2018 bring? Blends… yes you read that right… blends.
But not your ordinary run-of-the-mill blends, this session featured a Scottish trio from Douglas Laing and a lone Sansibar blend.
Which whisky blends did we explore?
- Highland blend – Timorous Beastie 46.8%
- Lowland blend – Epicurean 46.2%
- Islands blend – Rock Oyster 57.4%
- Sansibar’s Spicily Sweet 48%
It was an interesting way to explore how Douglas Laing’s team characterize each Scottish region!
This wasn’t our only evening devoted to blends… check out a few other sessions here:
- Ballantine’s Signature Distillery Collection 17 year – Scapa, Miltonduff, Glenburgie, Glentauchers
- Whisky Ladies Compass Box Quintet – Spice Tree Extravaganza 46%, Great King Street Experimental Batch 43%, Hedonism 43%, Flaming Heart 15th Anniversary 48.9%, Peat Monster 46%
- BMC Blends – Berrys’ Speyside 46%, Berrys’ Islay 46%, Ghosted Reserve No 2 42.8%
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on:
- Facebook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN