Most of our Whisky Ladies are no strangers to the often remarkable Compass Box blends. As a group, we’ve sampled the delightful Asyla, Great King Street – Artists Blend and the unique Hedonism. Independently, some of us have tasted many more…
For some time now, we’ve wanted to enjoy a focused session exploring Compass Box offerings… and found our chance on a monsoon evening in July 2017!
It began as a trio, yet morphed into a quintet – oh my! And no ordinary set either… no siree! We found ourselves exploring several limited edition avatars too..
- Spice Tree Extravaganza Special Edition (Aug 2016) 46% – An indulgent Thanksgiving feast of a whisky!
- Great King Street Experimental Batch TR-06 (Sept 2013) 43% – A mouth-watering delicate balance between sweet, light spice and smoke
- Hedonism 43% – Exquisite! Coconut cream meets fresh oranges
- Flaming Heart 15th Anniversary Limited Edition (July 2015) 48.9% – A Game of Thrones whisky of Iron Isle, sex and dragons – complex, multi-layered, addictive and unforgettable
- Peat Monster 46% – Dramatic dram that get’s straight to its peaty point
As always, the distinctive designs, superb craftsmanship and unique take on different whisky profiles was impressive. What a treat to try these together!
Related Compass Box posts:
- Asyla 40% – A beautiful woman – light, soft fruits and perfume delight
- Great King’s Cross Artist’s Blend & Glasgow Blend 43% – Two contrasting ends of a well crafted spectrum from citrus spice to smokey sweet
- Hedonism 43% – Unusual, unique and one you either love or not… however clearly unforgettable
- Juveniles 46% – Uncomplicated, sprightly and playful
- Spice Tree 46% – Think roasted spices with zest à la chilli chocolate…
- The Peat Monster 46% – No hairy scary monster, it is rich, peaty and surprisingly well-balanced
From time to time, you can also find other whisky related updates and activities on: