For the Whisky Ladies June session, we decided to spend “A Night with Glen”… or more precisely:
- Glencadam 15 year 46% – Citrus flowers, innocuous, best served chilled
- Glenlivet Master Distiller’s Reserve 40% – Not offensive, but not brilliant either
- Glenmorangie The Original 40% – Nice revisit of the Glenmorangie ‘Foundation’
- Glenmorangie The Tayne 43% – Now we are talking whisky! Tiramisu coffee quality interplaying with shades of sherry. Yum!
Now, the Whisky Ladies tend to be a discerning bunch with adventuresome tastes, so this was a departure from our more off-beat explorations.
The evening was sparked by the acquisition of the lesser known Glencadam, followed by a gift of the Glenlivet, a reminder that we had earlier intended to do a Glenmorangie night so had the start of a collection… and voila! A theme was born.
Other tasting experiences with some “Glens” include:
- Glencadam 15 year 46%
- Glenlivet – 12, 15, 18, 21 year, Master Distiller’s Reserve 40%
- Glenlivet 19 year (1995/2015) 58.1% Sherry CS No 16695 (Signatory)
- Glenmorangie Bacalta Launch – Original 40%, Lasanta 46%, Bacalta 46%
- Glenmorangie evening – The Original 10 year, 18 year, 25 year and Signet
- Glenmorangie 10 year (1995/2006) Cask 13038, Bottle 45, 59.3%
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on:
- Facebook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN