Next in La Maison du Whisky’s Artist Series 8 was a classic Sherry styled Glenlivet…
We sampled it at Whisky Live Singapore 2018’s VIP Room – just a wee nip but it was worth it.
Glenlivet 10 year (2007/2018) 1st Fill Sherry Cask#900214 Batch #2 64.1% (308 bottles)
- Nose – Fresh, forward and just a tinge shy, nuts and berries, a hint of sweet flowers too
- Palate – New style sherry with a bit of “oomph!” – far more on the palate than nose with much more nuts and dry fruits along with juicy plums, cherries and dates
- Finish – Dry spice with some serious sherry lingering
While its nose was a bit shy, there was nothing shy on the palate. We were rewarded with a lovely rich quality. Robust and full flavoured, it did not disappoint.
And what do the folks at La Maison du Whisky have to say? Well… their website currently features a slightly different bottle… However it too sounds like a mighty fine dram.
But is it worth the price? Just to put in perspective, a bottle of this Glenlivet would put you back SGD 380.
- Glenrothes 20 year (1995/2018) Sherry Butt Cask #909700 52.8% (530 bottles)
- Ben Nevis 25 year (1991/2018) Sherry Cask #2375 55.3% (561 bottles)
- Bowmore 15 year (2001/2018) Sherry Cask #108 55.3% (679 bottles)
- Bunnahabhain 35 year (1979/2018) Sherry Cask #9521 47.9% (472 bottles)
Want more Glenlivet? Read on…
- 12 year 40%
- 14 year (2003/2018) 56.5% (G&MP)
- 15 year 40%
- 18 year 43%
- 19 year (1995/2015) 58.1% Sherry CS No 16695 (Signatory)
- 21 year 43%
- Master Distiller’s Reserve 40% + Whisky Ladies revisit
Don’t want to miss Whisky Lady posts? Follow this blog on: