At Whisky Live 2018 in Singapore, one booth I simply couldn’t miss was Gordon & Macphail – both on the main floor and the VIP room.
While I didn’t sample everything, I did manage to have a “speed date” with a few remarkable drams…
Gordon & MacPhail at Whisky Live 2018
- Miltonduff 10 year (2008/2018) 43% – Delicious sherry influence, marmalade and more from the new Discovery range
- Inchgower 13 year (2005/2018) 55.1% – Coffee, kaya toast, hazelnuts – yum!
- Glenlivet 14 year (2003/2018) 56.5% – Fruity, light spice, eminently enjoyable
- Mannochmore 18 year (1999/2018) 46% – Overt sherry, oak, spice with a citrus twist
- Caol Ila 33 year (1989/2018) 52.8% – Smoked meats, toffee, tobacco, salted nuts and pastry – gorgeous balance
While the Caol Ila was an absolute stunner, it was clearly well beyond my price range!
Of the balance, the one that both was in my price range and sufficiently different to prioritize for bringing its way back from Singapore to Mumbai was the Inchgower.
Want more Whisky Lady posts? Follow this blog on: