At Whisky Live 2018 in Singapore, the Gordon & MacPhail booth is a great opportunity to sample fine whiskies.
This time, I sampled both in the main section and in the VIP room which featured whiskies like this one – bottled exclusively for La Maison du Whisky.
Glenlivet “The Chronicles” 14 year (2003 / 20 June 2018) 56.5%
- Nose – Greeted with lovely fruits – particularly apples and apricots, honey with a sweet light citrus
- Palate – Spicy, very fruity and eminently drinkable
- Finish – A slight spice, cream then sweet, like sucking on a delicious hard candy
Keep in mind this was a mere ‘teaser’ at Whisky Live Singapore so not a proper taste, however I was left with the impression of a lovely, most approachable whisky.
And what do we know? The Glenlivet was matured in refill bourbon barrels and bottled by Gordon & Macphail for La Maison du Whisky as part of their Connoisseurs Choice cask strength line.
And what would this set you back? At La Maison du Whisky in Singapore – SGD 299.
What do the folks at La Maison du Whisky have to say about this whisky?
Among the favorite single malts of Gordon & MacPhail, the most famous Scottish independent bottler, undeniably figure Glenlivet. What’s more natural when you know that this venerable house is based in Elgin, the capital of Speyside. Very representative, this version invites us to discover a complex aromatic and gustatory palette within which fruits, flowers, spices and aromatic plants intertwine to unveil the landscapes of the region where it was born.
- Profile: concentrated, the first nose is marked by candied fruits (lemon), peppermint, acacia honey and vanilla.
- At aeration, it becomes floral (hyacinth) and grass (straw). Powerful, the attack on the palate is extremely fruity (pineapple, pear).
- The mid-palate is spicy and finely wooded.
- Affirmed, the finish is marked by notes of royal jelly, lavender honey and violet candy.
Other whiskies sampled at the Gordon & MacPhail booth, Whisky Live 2018:
- Miltonduff 10 year 43%
- Inchgower 13 year (2005/2018) 55.1%
- Mannochmore 18 year (1999/2018) 46%
- Caol Ila 33 year (1989/2018) 52.8%
Want more Whisky Lady posts? Follow this blog on:
- WordPress https://whiskylady.co/
- FaceBook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN