At Whisky Live Singapore 2018, there were a few choice Gordon & MacPhail whiskies available in the VIP section. It provided a great opportunity to sample fine whiskies – particularly aged drams one could ordinarily not afford.
We spotted this when we first perused what was available and knew we must try it. We were fortunate there were still a few drops left!
Caol Ila 33 year (1989/ 3 July 2018) Cask 181062 52.8% 216 bottles
- Nose – Smoke and fire and yet with beautiful balance, nutty, salted toffee, smoked meats, light herbal sweet grass and tobacco
- Palate – Buttery, apricot plum, pastry, remarkably well-balanced peat, vanilla
- Finish – Long and smoky
It is such a treat to try something aged and beautifully peated. While it was only a small snifter, it was more than enough to know we were lucky to have such an opportunity.
And what would this set you back? While the 33 year was not on sale, the 34 year old was retailing for SGD 1,100. Yikes!
- Miltonduff 10 year 43%
- Inchgower 13 year (2005/2018) 55.1%
- Glenlivet 14 year (2003/2018) 56.5%
- Mannochmore 18 year (1999/2018) 46%
Want more Whisky Lady posts? Follow this blog on: