After an appetizer of four whiskies from The Nector of the Daily Drams at La Maison du Whisky, I topped it off with trying their Deanston at Whisky Live.
Here is what I thought in my very brief teasing tasting at the VIP room….
Deanston 19 year (1999/2018) 51%
- Nose – Sourdough, fruits and cream
- Palate – Some spice, dried fruits and other elements like toast and light coffee, malty with some creamy vanilla custard too
- Finish – There but… subtle, toffee
Overall it had that lovely malty quality one expects from Deanston.
You can currently track this dram down online from Master of Malt for GBP 145.
And here is the quartet we tried earlier from The Nector of the Daily Drams:
- Ben Nevis 21 year (19967/2017) 48.7%
- Highland Park 24 year (1992/2016) 50%
- Springbank 23 year (1994/2017) 50.6%
- The Anniversary Dram XO 45.4%
Interested in catching more? Why not follow Whisky Lady on:
- WordPress https://whiskylady.co/
- FaceBook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN