Above all, I’m a fan of being able to sip and consider before purchasing… there truly is no comparison between educated “guessing” and trying a tiny taste before making the decision to buy (or not).
It also counts having knowledgable sociable staff who can steer you in an interesting direction…
Which is exactly why there is hardly a single trip to Singapore that doesn’t include a stop by La Maison du Whisky.
And this time? A chance to check out the recent renovations which opened the space up, spruced up the floor to ceiling whisky shelves, added some ladders and a brilliant very well stocked bar.
The challenge in keeping our whisky clubs in Mumbai well-stocked is we’ve now sampled quite a respectable range of whiskies… just check out the “list” or “tasting sessions” and it becomes blindingly obvious we’ve gone beyond the most obvious fare.
What was on the sampling agenda this time?
- Compass Box with their new “Whisky de Table” – A great concept to bring affordable easy drinking whisky to be enjoyed with dinner
- Elements of Islay series – Bringing distinction to exploring the components of Islay distilleries in their ‘pharmacy’ bottles
- Assorted Japanese options – Always nice to expand these horizon! Particularly if slightly more affordable and lesser known…
- Something from Tasmania – Already hooked with the Hellyers Road, Starward and Sullivans Cove... why not add another to the list?
What made it back to Bombay? All will be revealed in the coming months!
La Maison du Whisky is located at 80 Mohamed Sultan Road, #01-10 The Pier, Singapore
INFO@WHISKY.SG Tel: 6733 0059
Some posts inspired by whiskies sampled at LMdW:
- Singapore “Speed Dating” Whisky
- La Maison du Whisky, Singapore – Original avatar
- Italian whisky? Puni Alba Marsala + Islay 43% – Oh My!
- Kilchoman Trilogy Bourbon, Sherry, PX (LMdW exclusive)
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: