At La Maison du Whisky in Singapore, we explored a quartet of whiskies bottled by The Nector of the Daily Drams.
While my companion started with a peaty Springbank, I went straight for a 24 year old Highland Park.
Highland Park 24 year (1992/2016) 50%
- Nose – Started with caramel, then quite fruity from oranges to apricots to apples, sweet vanilla, then shifted into herbal, then more mineral and earthy qualities, almost a bit musty
- Palate – The fruit came from the nose came though – with a shift between apple and pear side then citrus… There is also a touch of salt too. One of the best qualities on the palate was the subtle light hint of smoke
- Finish – Long light spice
While the Springbank was sheer indulgence, the Highland Park was much more subtle and gentle. Certainly one I enjoyed immensely.
Just in case you were curious, as of November 2018, this bottle is still available at Master of Malt for nearly $400 – yikes!
Here are a few more whiskies tried from The Nector of the Daily Drams:
- Ben Nevis 21 year (19967/2017) 48.7%
- Deanston 19 year (1999/2018) 51%
- Springbank 23 year (1994/2017) 50.6%
- The Anniversary Dram XO 45.4%
Curious about other Highland Park tasting experiences? Check out:
- 8 year 43% (G+MP)
- 12 year 40%
- approx 12 year 1998 40%
- 16 year “Thor” 52.1% (Valhalla Series)
- 21 year 1991 Vintage 40%
- Einar 40%
Interested in catching more? Why not follow Whisky Lady on:
- WordPress https://whiskylady.co/
- FaceBook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN