Our evening at La Maison du Whisky in Singapore continued with a whisky from Ben Nevis… here is what we thought…
Ben Nevis 21 year (19967/2017) 48.7%
- Nose – Lots of fruits, vanilla, caramel, sweets, then a distinctive sourdough bread or biscuits, a bit milky too
- Palate – Very rounded on the palate, fruit forward with melons and grapefruit yet balanced
- Finish – Subtle close, very much in keeping with the palate
- Water – Yes please! Works quite well with water
Don’t get me wrong, this is a more than a decent dram. However it all comes down to preferred styles of whiskies. For my companion, this simply wasn’t his tipple. And that is perfectly fine.
Truth be told Ben Nevis isn’t my “go to” style either… however I appreciate shaking things up and contrasting every once and a while.
If this is the kind of whisky that appeals to you, then you may still be able to snag a bottle via Master of Malt for $184.
Here are other whiskies we tried bottled by The Nector of the Daily Drams:
- Deanston 19 year (1999/2018) 51%
- Highland Park 24 year (1992/2016) 50%
- Springbank 23 year (1994/2017) 50.6%
- The Anniversary Dram XO 45.4%
Interested in catching more? Why not follow Whisky Lady on: