Many months ago, on a Wednesday afternoon, I found myself at the Four Seasons hotel lured by whisky. Up on the screen was Dr Bill Lumsden and Brendan McCarron in Scotland, us in Mumbai, others in Seoul and Sydney…
We were all there to be introduced to the latest experiment producing the 8th release in Glenmorangie‘s annual Private Edition series – Bacalta.
However this being Luis Vitton Moet Hennessy, an entire experience was curated for us… depending on time zone, participants enjoyed a multi course lunch, early evening repast or dinner… liberally accompanied by Glenmorangie whiskies.
Then, we all joined together to walk through a tasting of:
- The Original 10 year 43% – Foundation of all Glenmorangie “with 140 flavours” — Bill Lumsden
- Lasanta 12 year 46% – Classic yet enhanced …Creamy, caramel custard, sweet spices
- Bacalta 46% – Like rich baked fruit syrup with an almost smoky quality… delicious and one where less is more.
An impressive and most enjoyable experience.
Other Glenmorangie experiences:
- The Original 10 year, 18 year, 25 year and Signet
- Glenmorangie 10 year (1995/2006) Cask 13038, Bottle 45, 59.3%
- Glenmoranie The Original 40%
- Glenmorangie The Tayne 43%
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on:
- FaceBook Whisky Lady in India
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN