It is finally out!! Last month I had the pleasure of interviewing for Man’s World the one and only Dr Bill Lumsden, Director of Distilling, Whisky Creation and Whisky Stock for The Glenmorangie Company in Delhi. There is a certain delicious irony about a “Whisky Lady” invading a “Man’s World.”
We had a one-on-one and covered oodles of topics. The published interview touched on:
- 30 year perspective on the industry
- Taking risks with wood and inadvertently taking on the Scotch Whisky Association
- Experiments with unexpected results such as the Elanta
- Jim Murray‘s comments on Scottish whisky needing to ‘wake-up‘ to the threat of world whiskies
- Trends in how whisky is consumed
- Ardbeg’s 200th year celebration whisky Perpetuum
A rather unreadable scanned version is here…
For those in India – go pick up a copy of the May 2015 Man’s World!
For those not in India – patience. Perhaps one of these days the interview will be released online…
For a glimpse of the whisky and food pairing at The Oberoi, Delhi check out Glenmorangie Evening.
I’m also planning blog versions of a few gems different from the MW interview. So stay tuned!!
Psst – Full interview now available here!