After such fabulous fun in Paris and London celebrating That Boutique-y Whisky Co‘s 10th anniversary, I simply had to bring back some for the lasses in Mumbai.
It turned out to be a bit of a slightly random assortment… My initial plan was to do an English whisky theme however could only find two TBWC bottles from merry old England. Then I spotted the World Whisky Blend and couldn’t resist, followed by another TBWC on sale, so thought, what the heck!
So, here is what we tried from That Boutique-y Whisky Co:
- World Whisky Blend 41.6% (Eur 29, 700ml)
- Cotswolds 3-year Batch 1, 50.4% (Eur 52, from Whic.de – no longer available, 500ml)
- Macduff 10-year Batch 10, 52% (Eur 36, from Whic.de on sale – no longer available, 500ml)
- The English Company 12-year Batch 3, 63.4% (Eur 77, 500ml)
We opened them in April 2023, as part of inaugurating our new Mumbai flat. It was a typical sweltering April evening, which is exactly why I wanted to start with a “welcome cocktail” using the World Whisky Blend! A couple of friends came early and we played around with variations on an Old Fashioned with different elements and proportions until we got it “just right”!
So what was our recipe?
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 3-4 dashes of Peychaud’s bitters
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly squeezed orange juice
- Approx 30 ml of That Boutique-y Whisky Company World Whisky Blend
- Garnish with an orange twist
And the steps?
- Bring together the maple syrup, bitters, orange juice, and whisky in a mixing glass – stir til well mixed
- Add the ice, and then stir until well-chilled
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube (or several small ice cubes if you don’t have a mega cube – which was the case for us that evening!)
- Express the oil of an orange twist over the glass, then drop into the glass to garnish
And if you want a wee bit of fizz, throw in a splash of soda. And voila! Refreshing and fun!
Want even more Whisky Lady posts? Just follow this blog on:
- WordPress https://whiskylady.co/
- FaceBook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN