Our 1st 2021 Whisky Ladies European Chapter comes thanks to a Diageo connection with careful selection from their Flora and Fauna range.
For those not familiar, the range was introduced in the 1990s to make accessible lesser-known distilleries which typically do not have official single malt bottles as their liquid is instead providing the backbone of blends. Most are available at 43% – a hint above the minimum and mass production strength of 40% but not into the slightly stronger so-called connoisseur’s preferred strength of 46%. Most also are reasonably affordable… depending on where you purchase.
What goodies did our lovely virtual host buy for us?
- Teaninich 10 year 43% – A curious one… petrol? Hmm… (approx GBP 47)
- Mannochmore 12 year 43% – Satisfying classic Speyside with character – our clear favourite! (approx GBP 48)
- Strathmill 12 year 43% – Be a bit patient and don’t underestimate this one! (approx GBP 46)
- Linkwood 12 year 43% – A perfect late afternoon sipping dram (approx GBP 48)
- Inchgower 14 year 43% – A curious start… earthy then fruity, lots of character (approx GBP 49)
- Auchroisk 10 year 43% – A clear favourite! Cooked cherries, caramelized toasted nuts and cinnamon spice. (approx GBP 50)
We chose to split our sampling into two evenings… if you would like to explore in our order:
- One late January 2021 combing Paris and Mumbai with the Teaninich 10 year 43%, Mannochmore 12 year 43%, Strathmill 12 year 43%
- A second in April 2021 bringing together friends virtually from France and Germany featuring the Linkwood 12 year 43%, Auchroisk 10 year 43%, Inchgower 14 year 43%
If you don’t want to miss a post, why not follow Whisky Lady on:
- WordPress https://whiskylady.co/
- FaceBook Whisky Lady India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN
Additionally, there are the two ‘off-shoots’ with:
- Whisky Ladies of Mumbai blog with the continuing adventures of the lovely ladies in India
- Whisky Ladies European chapter insta with our new explorations in colder climes!
Hey, I have the 16 year old Mortlock from that collection. Great Dram. Have fun with your tastings.
How fab! What do you think of the Mortlach? We’ve sampled 3 from Flora and Fauna series so far… with the next 3 coming up in a few weeks. 🙂