The Whisky Ladies decided to go on a wee Islay exploration. But this was no ordinary exploration… we focused on select Islay iterations…
It began innocently enough with our host sharing she had her favourite Lagavulin 16 year tucked away for her session.. followed by another Whisky Lady picking up an Islay independent bottle from an undisclosed distillery… which I just happened to have an open cask strength version of… followed by another Whisky Lady picking another Islay – again undisclosed distillery… Added to the mix was a contrast of a Laphroaig with a port finish that then somehow sparked unearthing another Laphroaig expression.
Which translates into an initial plan to try 3 bottles that morphed into a set of 6!
What did we sample in our Islay Iterations?
- The classic Lagavulin 16 year 43%
- Then our 1st undisclosed distillery independent bottler Finalaggan Old Reserve 40%
- Followed by our 2nd independent bottler with a more powerful cask strength Ileach 58%
- And just for good measure, added an open Finlaggan 58% to the mix
- With a shift from Lagavulin to Laphroaig with the port cask finish Brodir 48%
- Some ladies continued on with the Laphroaig Select Cask… whereas I must admit my sipping and sampling of the initial set was more than enough for me!
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: