Soon after the announcement of the European chapter of our Whisky Ladies of Mumbai, our tasting sessions kicked off! It was a bit of a bumpy start as our Parisian Whisky Lady could only listen as her boxes took several weeks instead of days to reach!
Our journey began with an interesting array from independent bottlers… starting with this trio from Chorlton.
- Miltonduff 11 years 62.0% first fill bourbon 1 of 176 bottles (MD 11) – Great contrast between fruity nose and surprisingly rich palate
- Mackmyra 12 years 50.2% bourbon barrel, undiluted, uncoloured, unchill filtered, 1 of 278 bottles (MC 12) – Fresh, clean, cherry wood and honey
- Blair Athol 12 years 56.6% hogshead, undiluted, uncoloured, unchill filtered, 1 of 268 bottles (BA 12)
Truly, it was such a pleasure to taste whiskies again with a small group of women. A much needed moment of malty merriment!
From Chorlton’s L’Ancien Régime series, I was fortunate to try earlier in Mumbai:
- Miltonduff 9 year 58.3% – Creamy desert with fruits, breakfast cereals… in short delicious!
- Orkney 9 year 63.1% – Copper, minerals, salted caramel and smoke, all beautifully balanced
- Ruadh Maor 8 year 62.5% (aka Glenturret) – Seasoned meats and fried snacks…. a chameleon quality that evolved differently in each glass
If you don’t want to miss a post, why not follow Whisky Lady on: