Waaaay back in the summer, our Whisky Ladies enjoyed a Highland Trio – starting with two whiskies from AnCnoc and closing with this Glen Garioch.
What did we think?
Glen Garioch 15 year Sherry Cask Matured 53.7%
- Colour – A lovely dark ruby gold
- Nose – Mmmm…. really good black coffee, honey, buttery, banana, caramel, treacle, banoffee pie, apricots… coming back loads of delicious sherry
- Palate – Coffee candy, toffee, toasted raisin bread slathered in butter, raisin, dates, rolling around in heavy sherry with a great mouthfeel
- Finish – A slow burn that tapers into sweet spice
This really was rather delicious! Generous sherry influence, quite satisfying in all ways.
The folks at Glen Garioch haven’t kept tasting notes on their website, however the folks over at Master of Malt have this to say:
Glen Garioch 15 Year Old has been aged in oloroso sherry casks and has a sweet and fruity character. The nose opens with dark berries and dried fruits, followed by sweet vanilla notes and a slight tartness. The palate is thick and full bodied, giving notes of dried fruits and cinnamon spice. A hint of heather honey appears before a long woody finish, with gentle spices throughout.
As of late 2019, you can still find this at The Whisky Exchange for approximately £125.
We also had these as part of our Highland Treat :
- AnCnoc Rùdhan 46% – A peatier persuasion, spice, apples, interesting…
- AnCnoc Black Hill Reserve 46% – Honeyed treat, lovey and well balanced
Interested in receiving more Whisky Lady posts? Why not follow on:
- WordPress https://whiskylady.co/
- FaceBook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN