Stories of antarctic explorations capture the imagination with the tale of Shackleton whisky are well known.
“I believe it is in our nature to explore, to reach out into the unknown.” – Ernest Shackleton
Our whisky tasting groups have explored different versions of this whisky reconstruction with:
- Whisky Tales – Mackinlay’s Shackleton “Crannog” 3 year
- Going on an expedition! Shackleton’s Journey 47.3%
- Nose – Sweet apple cinnamon pie, toffee, vanilla
- Palate – Easy drinking, fruity, sweet with malty cereals, dried fruits, hint of tart citrus
- Finish – Carries on from the palate
I will admit these are more fleeting impressions than proper notes as it was a sociable occasion. However sometimes an enjoyable blend like this is “spot on” and appreciated by our crowd. By the end of the evening, there wasn’t a single drop remaining – voting through consuming is always a good sign!
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: